Group of Six was formed in Brisbane, Australia in 2009 by (oddly) five unpublished, obscure, committed and perfectly semi-normal writers who continue to write and meet regularly.
Here are some facts that you may or may not find interesting:
- sixty per cent of the membership are writing their first novels, whilst the other forty per cent are thinking hard about it (one from the beaches of South America, lucky devil)
- twenty per cent of us finds microscopic images of rat’s brains beautiful and interesting (hence the image above)
- twenty per cent of us has written and published a non-fiction book, of which all 1500 copies have been sold. The eBook version continues to sell
- twenty per cent of us likes to write crime
- another twenty per cent of us likes to write family drama and memoir
- sixty per cent of us are female, the other forty per cent are male
- a full twenty per cent writes Haiku as well as fiction
- that first twenty percent has now moved on to writing a romantic comedy
- yet another twenty percent of us also has a fascination for astronomy (hence photo above).
Our work throws up a good amount of writing, of course, but also all sorts of stuff that we like to share and that we hope will build into a substantial resource for ourselves, other writers and anyone else who cares to visit. And that’s what this blog is all about, for now.
Do hope you’ll stay posted.
Kristen – Hazel – Katrina – Ted